We all know heating your home can be expensive but there are lots of ways to help keep costs low. One sure way is getting the most out of your boiler to keep you warm but at the same time save you money.
60% of your energy bills each year is spent on your heating so getting an efficient boiler can make a lot of difference. If your home is heated by either a gas or an electric boiler, you can reduce your bills by making it work better, exactly when you need it. Here are some tips on saving money by making your boiler more efficient:
- The best way to use a boiler is setting the times for it to turn on and off such as switching it on just before you get up in the morning and back off again before you go to bed, this way you don’t waste any energy.
- It is much cheaper to keep the boiler switched off while you are out and have it come on only when you get home.
- We have found that setting your boiler timer to come on half an hour before you get up and switch off about 20 minutes before you leave the house is the most efficient use of energy.
- Turning down your thermostat by just one degree can save approximately £90 a year on your heating bills as well. The recommended healthy room temperature for your living room is 21 degrees and 18 for the rest of your home. Try turning your central heating down by one degree, leave it for a day and see if you still feel warm enough. Keep doing this until you find the right temperature for you and your family.
We regularly check the boilers in our homes to make sure they are working as they should. If there are any problems or your boiler needs updating we will then book in our repairs team to complete the work.
What if I notice a problem with my boiler?
It is important to report the problem as soon as you can so we can help straight away. But there are a few simple boiler checks you need to do before you contact us which will help us solve the issue.
- Is the boiler gas or electric?
- Have you checked if there are any supply problems in your area?
- If you have a payment plan, have you checked if there is enough credit on your card?
- Is the thermostat in the correct place?
- Are the radiator valves open properly?
- Can you hear any noises coming from the boiler?
- Is there a pressure reading on your boiler? What does it say?
If you need boiler repairs in Blackpool, contact APG Domestic Services for more information.